Saturday, May 8, 2010

Worth the rough week

The week was tough, at least from a scheduling viewpoint. My workouts rotated to evenings again, and I ended up staying late at work pretty much every day. But no matter how tired I was, I still somehow managed to finish them. Still, I can't keep trying to count jumps while simultaneously trying to keep my eyes open; I'm sure it's going to catch up with me soon. Next week (starting tomorrow) it's back to mornings--and an early bed time. I've been thinking of adding another "exercise" to check off on our daily list: 8 hours of sleep. This way I won't think of the workout as being complete until the muscles I just torched have the rest they need to grow.

My sticking point with the exercises continues to be the pull-ups; tonight I could only do 2 sets of 3 each before having to switch to the incline variety. FAIL. Full push-ups continue to be a challenge, though I can finish the minimum number of reps & sets--for now. Otherwise, everything with the legs & the bands goes well--I can always work up a great burn.

My energy levels remain generally high. Moreover, I don't feel the same pendulum effect throughout the day that I used to. Even when I'm short on sleep (again, too often this week), the swings haven't been nearly as severe.

The effects are also starting to show a little in the pics--new ones are up!--and, as I mentioned a couple days ago, in the clothes. This used to be my favorite pair of jeans:



I guess it still is, but now for a different reason.

Next week's big challenge: sticking with the PCP diet & exercises during a 24-hour work stint in Philly. Suggestions on how to manage at restaurants (at least once) are welcome...

2 comments:

  1. I am on day 71 and still fail pull-ups! Fail is good; means you are working your muscles to the max, forcing them to rebuild stronger. Fail = success! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Brett. Hope you have a belt cause those jeans are only going to get looser!

    ReplyDelete