Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two steps forward...

My little white, round friend above my brow has departed. As he was leaving, I've been taking note of some much more positive effects:

1. My weight is down to below 160 lbs--for the first time in years (probably since I was overseas);

2. As a result of #1, NONE of my jeans/slacks now really fit. I need a belt to keep from looking all gangsta' at work, and I've had to move the belt up a notch. I can actually take off my jeans without unbuttoning/unzipping them.

3. My jumping has gotten much easier; I was able to knock out the 1,000 jumps last night with only 2 or 3 trips, and no trips the last 500 reps!

Unfortunately, I awoke this morning with some pain in my left knee. I'm hoping this is just my body telling me to take it a little easier (i.e., dial down the high-elevation hikes while piling on more sets of leg exercises). I'm really hoping it's not spreading arthritis, which I've had before in my right knee, and for which I've been on drugs for over a year now.

The diet is good, and my scale continues to get its own workout. This week, it's been mainly the following:

Breakfast: boiled/scrambled eggs with fried zucchini, onion, spinach, and oatmeal;

Lunch: "Big Steam" veggies (new addition: Brussels sprouts), baked tilapia, and this millet dish which looked good online, but didn't turn out that great taste-wise. I've had to resist the temptation to "rescue" any decent flavor by adding salt.

Dinner: Sketchy-tasting millet stuff with lean ground beef and a salad of mixed greens w/ avocado, carrots, and tomatoes.

For snacks, I've added blackberries to the fruit list, which has been focused on bananas, apples, and dates.

Onward to the Day 22 workout tonight! New pics soon.

3 comments:

  1. All sounds good. Make sure you weigh that morning outmeal "wet"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always. Same with the millet, rice, & quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon you will have to punch a new hole in your belt -- the sacrifices PCP requires of us!

    ReplyDelete