Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A little off course...

I veered a little off-course last night; an old friend from undergrad was in DC, and had been recommended an Ethiopian place. So I went, figuring it was better than fasting until I got home, and since Ethiopian food is, by the Pollan definition, certainly real "food." I ate as close to PCP as I could without the scale, ordering a veggie combo and meat combo to share. I stopped short of what I might usually consume, since many of the dishes are made with a clarified butter and salt, and you actually use the "injera" (a spongy, sour Ethiopian pancake-like bread) to eat, making it easy to load up on too many carbs. Still, the dinner was likely a bit higher-calorie than the recent norm.

Today, breakfast, lunch, and tonight's dinner were back "on":

-2 hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, avocado and spinach, with milk;
-quinoa with baked tilapia, mixed veggies;
-banana and apple for morning and afternoon tea, respectively;
-lean ground beef w/rice, "big steam" veggies (carrots, broccoli, and asparagus);
-2 kiwi fruits and a date, washed down with some nice, cold 1 percent.

(Sorry, no photos, I'm already cutting into my beauty rest).

Still, I may try to pre-cook and pre-weigh dinners, in addition to lunches; if I know I'm heading out for a long day, next time I'll be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Hold steady man, don't cheat in these first few weeks they're very important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it, man--I'm sticking with plain coffee & tea for social meet-ups in restaurants from here on out.

    ReplyDelete