Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 4

First of all, a big welcome to any of my Facebook crew who is checking this out, including the majority of my family and friends! For more background on The Project, start here:

http://thepeakconditionproject.com/

and then check out my introductory post on this blog.

Now, Day 4:

Another successful day on the "Half Diet"

Breakfast:


(This is actually the same photo as Day 3; I basically at the same things. And Sunday brunch will have to get the smack-down another weekend).

Lunch/Dinner:



And, pre- and post-hike, a couple handfuls of nuts (crudely humorous comments will be greatly appreciated--and, because I'm trying to keep things somewhat family-friendly, quickly deleted):



The same muscles were sore today--nevertheless, as mentioned above, I decided to go through with my regular weekend hike at Rock Creek Park, along with one of my roommates. Given the soreness, we did a somewhat less ambitious route than I might have otherwise attempted; the total was about 3 miles. (And no, we didn't find any dead bodies.) The hunger on the way back was pretty intense, and we passed quite a few food establishments (I think at one point I was actually counting). Fortunately, I didn't fall off the wagon and hit any "drive-thrus."

The Day 4 workout following the hike was more of a challenge for my current chest strength--which is good, since that's one of my weak spots, and an area I've targeted for some serious progress.

I'm finding that the work-outs are a definite departure from my typical weekly, gym-oriented schedule, which consisted of 2-3 hour-long, all-out assaults on my muscles--at least for a few weeks at a time, until I get busy with work, classes, and/or social life, and take a "break." Similarly, they are lower-impact yet more frequent than my runs (1-3 times per week, 3-5 miles at a time).

Day-to-day, I'm starting to feel more like I've been bailing hay, and a lot less like I've just been "hitting the gym."

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm hoping I can get out for a hike on Wednesday, if the weather is anything but downpouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hunger will pass, but don't lose the muscle burn! That's how you know you are working hard enough. Keep it up and a month from now you'll look back fondly on that first week!

    ReplyDelete