Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 3

As I head into Day 4, I've noticed that the muscles are getting a little sore, especially the gluts, pecs, and abs, probably because they are not used to getting worked on consecutive days. But I am still able to knock out the exercises with little difficulty--at least so far. And I'm actually enjoying the wake-up kick from the jump rope.

The Half Diet marches on--despite being out for a buddy's 30th B-day celebration at a bar, with basket-fulls of tortilla chips, and plate-fulls of casedillas, pork tacos, and salad, I managed to limit myself to the following:

1 small hors d'oeuvres plate of salad;
1 pork taco, with salsa
4 tortilla chips, with salsa
3 diet Cokes

On a non-PCP night, I would have easily demolished three times that amount of Mexican food. Or, rather, three times that amount of Mexican food would have demolished me.

My only "half" violation was probably the diet Cokes--I usually don't drink six of them. I did three mainly because because the bar didn't serve coffee, and I was tired--and since I was serving as one of the DDs, I didn't want to fall asleep at the wheel.

Breakfast today was the usual:










For dinner (which also doubled as lunch--I sort of slept in a little), I successfully stared down one half of a damn-tasty Mediterranean burger at Busboys & Poets and said, "see you tomorrow":




The next restaurant challenge: Sunday brunch.

Here are a few items I've managed to pick up for the next phase of the Project:













If anyone is interested, here's a link for the kitchen scale:

http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-Food-Scale/dp/B0028SJARQ

And if anyone knows where to find a decent, free-standing chin-up bar, I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I got myself this jobbie:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ND04U4

    which cantilevers on a door frame. Seems to work well, but you need to have normal doors w/moldings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those supplies are good man. The band might be a little short, if it's killing you in some of the exercises that require a lot of band, you might want to invest in a longer one. Things get going for real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Patrick--the bands on the left are actually doubled-over to fit the photo, so they are actually twice as long as they appear. I'm assuming that I'll probably pick up another set down the road as I need to adjust resistance.

    Todd, thanks for the reco on the chin-up bar. As a renter of an older house, who has a security deposit--and roommates with their own security deposits--I'm a little apprehensive about using any of the door-mounted units. How kind are they to the moldings?

    ReplyDelete