Monday, July 5, 2010

Days 81 and 82

I checked out a gym to see what it was like, after having been a member at the "Y" pre-PCP. More later, but I'm really happy with my smart-phone--it allowed me to take notes and make comments on everything I was seeing, all while casually strolling the floor, looking like I was busy with an important text message. I think I managed WAY better than those Russian spies...

Worked out late the last two evenings (bed soon, 'cause it's back to work tomorrow!) Dips are still a weak spot--the edge of the chair still kills my hands and wrists, despite the gloves and towels. Still considering getting a chin-dip tower at some point in the near future...

I've maxed out my heaviest resistance band (20lbs) on the Standing Ovations--it looks like I'll be investing in at least one more band before the 90 days is up. Davincis are the exact opposite--I feel like I need to take it down a notch and get a lighter band, so I can get through all of the sets and keep a good burn.

Got up Sunday morning and ran 4.5 miles. On 4 hours of sleep. Though I didn't find it difficult, I definitely paid later in the day and the Day 81 workout was tougher to get through. Also, I should have stretched more after the run, the hamstrings are definitely a little sore.

Dinner: steamed veggies, lean ground beef, and a whole-grain bread role, along with a small handful of walnuts to round out the carbs. I packed on the evening snack right after that, so I can get to bed earlier.

Off to rest...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah man, chest dip, pull up, captain's chair, tower of power with modifications for Jackie Chan sit ups would be wicked.

    ReplyDelete